Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's been a while...

It's been a long time since I've been on here. Sorry :-( I've been sooo busy with school and making sure my grades are up to par (after all, you want me to pass, right?).
So, here's what's been going on so far with Terri's semi-DIY wedding plans.
The date is set. ::cue trumpets:: JUNE 2010!! The date has been set for a while, but I don't think I mentioned it before. I'm not posting the day yet, because I want to leave you with a hint of surprise.
We found a venue. Yes we did, and we love it! Especially because they're within our budget (a budget we still haven't set yet) and they're allowing us to bring in our own caterers and vendors! How cool is that! Once Terri puts down the deposit, I'll mention more about this place.

But here's what we're looking at so far...

Wedding Colors: Coral and Hot Pink

Bridal Party: 8 Bridesmaids (including 2 Maids of Honor) and 8 Groomsmen (of course, with 2 Best Men). It's hasn't yet been decided on who the flowers girls and ring bearer will be yet.

Officiant: Bride's father. Yes, he is a licensed minster of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In fact, he's my pastor! The great thing about having him officiate the ceremony is that it saves us a bit of change; and with him being her father, it makes the ceremony more heartfelt and personal.
However, I don't know how we're going to work it out with him being up there and not walking her down the aisle. Maybe he can just walk with her down the aisle then take his position?? (Any suggestions on this idea would be well appreciated!)

That's about it for now. Oh, earlier today I started an inspiration board on www.weddingwire.com and maybe I'll be able to complete it tonight and post it soon.
And I'll try my best to be more regular with my blogging ;-)

God bless you!!







No comments:

Post a Comment