Sunday, December 28, 2008

My First Engagement Party

Okay, so it's not my engagement party. For the past month I (with the help of one of my besties, Anna-Kaye) have been planning an Engagement Party for another one of my best friends forever, Terri.
On November 23rd, 2008 Terri's fiance got down on one knee and asked her to be his wife. The day after, Terri called me and asked me to get to work with planning an Engagement Party. I just knew I'd need Kaye's help. She's got great style and having an extra brain to come up with ideas would be so helpful!
Making a long story short, all our planning came to an end on Saturday, December 27th -- the date of the Engagement Party. I must say all of our planning was worth it. In addition to being the party planner, I also catered a bit [I made the Fried Chicken (entree) and Cake Truffles (party favors)], was the makeup artist for the Bride-to-Be, annnnd I was the Master (or Mistress?) of Ceremony. It made me so happy to see everyone enjoy themselves and have such a wonderful time. Especially the almost-newlyweds. :-)
I'm going to try and post some more pics of us setting up for the party and some "during the party" pics. In the meantime, enjoy the ones posted below.

~Sarah-Lois




The colors for the evening were Hot Pink & Silver with Turquoise accents. All decorations were done on a $50.00 budget. The first two pics are of the Sweetheart Table and the latter two are of a couple of guest tables already decorated.



No comments:

Post a Comment